Monday, September 24, 2007

Our First

When my daughter and I went to her 3 month routine appt in August, we were told that in June her white blood cell count was low. Nothing to worry about, they will just watch it. I didn't think much of it. At all.

Then one month later, last week, the day before my daughter's adoption, they called. They said that her white blood count was low again, and no rush, but they needed me to take her to our hospital locally to get new blood work done. They would call and fax in the order, and I was to make sure to fill out a release so that they would then fax them the results. I was a bit taken aback, and didn't know what to say other than, ok.

I wish I had asked questions. I wish I knew what this meant. Or could mean. I could call back. I could. I'm chicken. She said that she would call and let me know when the order was there and ready. She called Friday night. I'm taking my daughter tomorrow.

I tried looking on the internet for "clues" as to what a low white blood count would mean, could mean. All I really found was one site which said, "a person with HIV having a low blood count could mean HIV infection or another serious illness." Gulp. I started thinking, maybe God wanted this "secret" of her status "out" so that I would have a support network during this time??? I don't know. I've only told a couple people about the blood count. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's going to mean a med change, no big deal. Maybe. But maybe not. I hope the results are sent quickly and pray to hear back quickly. I pray.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am praying with you!!!!