Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wishes Part 2

So we've begun discussion of my daughter's "wish." I explained to her the best I could what this means, who these people are, why they do what they do. I don't think she completely understands. I'm sure she doesn't. But, I explained the best I could making it known that it is a VERY generous gift she is being given.

We talked of what types of wishes one usually gets. I have racked my brain to think of ideas she would enjoy. I want her to choose something I would not be able to give her myself at some point. DisneyWorld - we've been, etc. Mostly they are trips. The one thing I thought of in the "to have" category I thought she would love. We don't currently have any type of swingset. I have looked into them numerous times, but the ones I would love to provide are the wooden ones that are just too expensive. But buying a metal one that may not last through numerous foster/adoptive children may not be the way to go either, so we wait. I told her the idea and she loved it. BUT, she said she would rather wish for a trip. It's ok, it's her wish. I will give her as many ideas as I can, and when the time comes for her to officially make her wish, she can choose any of them she wants. It's her wish.

So, my other (trip) ideas so far: Disney Cruise, Hawaii to swim with dolphins, African Safari, Grand Canyon. I just don't know. Are any of these too extravagant??? I search for other ideas for things she would love to do and see at this age or sometime soon. I plan to take time this summer, before her next doctor appointment, to take her to the library, research on the internet with her, and open up her world enough for her to make a wish she will be happy with as she grows older. Ideas???

No comments: